Seminars/ Conferences participated:
- Instructional Conference on Homological Methods in
Commutative Algebra, TIFR, Bombay, Summer 1971.
- DAE Seminar on Global Differential Geometry at
the University of Mysore, Summer 1982.
- Seminar in Algebra, Kurukschetra University, Kurukschetra,
- Seminar in Analysis, Panjab
University, Chandigarh, 1976.
- American Mathematical Society annual meetings at
Dallas (Jan 1973), Atlanta ( Jan 1978).
- Mathematical Association of America, regional meetings at Norman, Oklahoma
1972, Conway, Arkansas 1973.
- Indian Mathematical Society annual meetings at
Allahabad in 1982, Bhagalpur in 1983, Jaipur in 1986, Delhi in 1989, Muzaffarpur in 1993, Pune in 1994, Aligarh in 1995, Rewa in 1999 and Aurangabad in 2000.
- Indian Science Congress Annual conferences at IIT Bombay, 1968, Varanasi in 1981, Ranchi
in 1985, Delhi in 1986 and Bangalore in 1987.
- International Symposium on Spline Theory and its
Applications at Jabalpur University,
Jabalpur, Dec 1982.
- Symposium on Recent Advances in Topological and Bitopological spaces, University of Delhi, 1982.
- DMV Seminar on Surgery Theory and Geometry of
Representations, Dusseldorff, West
Germany, July 1987.
- The UGC Instructional Conference in Algebraic and
Differential Topology, Allahabad, Feb 8-28, 1988.
- The NBHM Instructional Conference on Numerical and
Finite Element Methods, IGNOU, New Delhi, Oct 22 - Nov 02, 1991.
- International Conference on Advances in Computational
Mathematics, IGNOU, New Delhi, Jan 05 -09, 1993.
- Canadian Mathematical Society summer meetings at
Banff in 1994 and at Calgary in 1996.
- National Conference on Geometry and Topology, R.D.University, Jabalpur, Dec 18-22, 1995.
- Conference on Topology and Geometry, Indian Institute
of Science, Bangalore, Dec 18-23, 1996.
- Workshop on Novikov
Conjecture, ISI, Calcutta, Dec 98.
- American Mathematical Society Meeting at Toronto,
Canada, Sep 2000.
- Conference on Low-Dimensional Topology, University of
Allahabad and HRI (jointly), Allahabad
in Dec 2000.
- Workshop on Topological Methods in Group Theory,
Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, July 2002.
- Annual conference of the West Zone Vice Chancellors
at Nagpur, Sep 2002.
- All India Vice-Chancellors' Conference at SNDT University,
Mumbai, Dec 2002.
- Presided over the lecture of Prof.
T. Pati at the University of Allahabad on the
occasion of the celebration of 75 years of Prof.
H.C. Khare as a mathematician.
- Two day conference of the Vice-hancellors
of NAAC accredited universities at the India International Center, New Delhi, May
- Annual Conference on "History of
Mathematics", Raipur University, Raipur, Chhatisgarh,
- Annual Conference of the International Academy of
Physical Sciences, Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, Dec 2003
- AMS-India Joint meeting at IISc,
Bangalore, Dec 2003.
- Three lectures in AFS-II on Simplicial
Homology Theory at HRI, Allahabad, December
- Annual Conference of the Ramanujan
Mathematical Society, University of Calicut, Kerala, July 2005
- Annual Conference of Indian Math Society, IIT Roorkee, Dec 2005
- Annual Conference of the Jammu Mathematical Society,
Jammu Feb 2006.
- International Congress of Mathematicians, Madrid,
Spain, Aug 2006.
- Annual Conference of Bharat Ganit
Parishad, University of Lucvknow,
Lucknow, Nov 2006
- Annual Conference of Indian Mathematical Society, R.D.University, Jabalpur, Dec27-30, 2006.
- Centenary Conference of the Indian Mathematical
Society, University of Poona, Pune, Dec 27-30, 2007
- 74th annual conference of the Indian
Mathematical Society, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Dec 27-30,
Invited talks delivered:
- Instructional Conference at the TIFR, Bombay, Summer
1971, one-hour lecture on Regular
Local Rings - Nagata's Theorem.
- MRI, Allahabad, Aug 1976, One
hour lecture on Smith Fixed Point Theorems.
- Department of Mathematics,
IIT Kanpur, Feb 1975, One hour lecture on Large cohomological dimensions.
- University of Arkansas at Pine-Bluff, Russelville and
Conway (1977-1978), one hour each on (i)
Cantor Sets (ii) Curves in Planes (iii) Cauchy's Theorem and Homology
- Colloquium lectures at Mathematics Departments of the
universities of Allahabad, Jammu, Arkansas,
on Topics of contemporary interests.
- International Symp. on Spline Theory and Applications, Jabalpur Dec
27-31, 1981, One hour talk on Compact subsets of real line admitting
- Recent Advances on Topological and Bitopological spaces,
University of Delhi, Jan 2-4, 1981, one hour
lecture on Group actions on finitistic
- Forty Eigth Annual
Conference of the Indian Mathematical Society, Bhagalpur, Dec 27-30, 1982, one hour lecture
on Tautness of cohomology theories.
- Seventy First Annual Conference of the Indian Science
Congress, Jan 3-8, 1984, on Orbit
spaces and the Connor Conjecture.
- A series of six seminar lectures at the Indian
Statistical Institute, New Delhi, Summer
1983 on Sheaves, their cohomology and
the cohomological dimensions.
- Department of Mathematics,
University of Meerut, March 1986, one-hour lecture on
Development of Category Theory.
- Society of Mathematical Sciences,
University of Delhi, April 1985, one hour talk on Group
actions on manifolds.
- Fifty Second Annual Conference of the Indian
Mathematical Society Jaipur, Dec
27-30, 1986, one hour talk on Converse of Smith fixed
point theorems -the smooth case.
- Seventy Fourth Annual Conference of the Indian
Science Congress, Bangalore,
1987, half-hour talk on Completely finitistic
- A series of four seminar lectures at the Universitat Tubingen, West
Germany, June 1987, on Topology of finitistic spaces.
- A seminar lecture at the Mathematisches
Institute, Konstanz, West Germany,
June 1987, one hour talk on Orbit spaces of finitistic spaces.
- A Series of nine Seminar-Lectures at the Carleton
University, Ottawa, Sep-Nov 1987 on
Cohomology structure of fixed
point sets and orbit spaces.
- Colloquium Lecture at the Memorial University,
St John's, New Foundland, Oct 1987
on Group Actions and the Hilbert-Smith Conjecure.
- Colloquium Lecture at the University of St
Louis, St Louis, Missouri, Oct 1987, on Cohomology Theory of Group Actions.
- Colloquium Lecture at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Nov 1987, on Retraction
properties of the orbit spaces.
- Four one-and-half hour lectures at the NBHM
Instructional Conference on Algebraic and Differential Topology at the
University of Allahabad, Feb 8-28, 1988, on Foundational
lectures on Transformation Groups.
- Two Seminar Lectures at the University of Calgary,
Calgary, Sept 1988, one hour each
on Tautness in cohomology theories.
- Colloquium Lecture at the Carleton University, Ottawa, Dec 1, 1988,
on Algebraic dimension and the Alexandroff's
- Colloquium Lecture at the University of Calgary, Dec 15, 1988, on Cohomological dimensions and the Alexandroff's Problem.
- Annual conference of the Indian Mathematical Society,
University of Delhi, Dec 27-30, 1989, one
hour lecture on Isomorphic Burnside Rings.
- Conference on Mathematics,
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Dec 21-22, 1990,
one hour lecture on Group representations and the Burnside
- Two one-hour lectures at the NBHM Instructional
Conference at IGNOU, New Delhi, Oct
22-Nov 2, 1991, on Dimension of Multivariate Spline Spaces.
- Three one-hour lectures at the Institute of
Technology, BHU, Varanasi, Jan
1992, on Multivariate splines and their applications.
- One-hour lecture at the ICODMIC Conference on
Geometry at IIT Delhi, Dec 1993, on
Cell-like mappings and cohomological dimesion.
- Three one-hour lectures at the Workshop on Novikov Conjecure at the
Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, Dec
1993, on Novikov
Conjecture and the cyclic cohomology.
- Colloquium Lecture at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Summer
1993, on Projective dimensions of spline module.
- Delivered Prof. Hans Raj
Gupta Memorial Award lecture at the annual conference of the Indian
Mathematical Society in Muzaffarpur, 1993.
- Two one-hour seminar lectures at the University of
Calgary, Summer 1994, on Seifert
Fiber Bundles and their Fundamental Groups.
- Two one-hour lectures at the University of Allahabad, Feb 1995, on Transformation Groups
and the Smith Theory.
- One hour lecture at the National Conference on Geometry
and Topology, R.D.University,
Jabalpur, Dec 18-22, 1995 on Cohopficity
of the Manifold groups.
- Colloquium Lecture at the M.S.University, Baroda, Jan 1986, on Discrete
Groups and Discontinuous Actions.
- Colloquium Talk at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, April 98, on Spline
modules and their freeness.
- Half hour invited talk at the American Mathematical
Society meeting at Toronto, Sep 2000
on Free actions on products of spheres.
- Presidential lecture (General), Indian Mathematical Society
Annual Conference at Aurangabad, Dec 19,
- Presidential Lecture (Technical) at the Indian Math Soc Annual Conference at Aurangabad, Dec 19, 2000, on Methods of algebraic
topology in transformation groups.
- Twelve Lectures at the University of Arkansas, USA on Smith Theory, Fall 2001.
- Two and half lectures at the workshop on Topological
methods in Group Theory at IMSc, Chennai
- Inaugural address of the Jammu Mathematical Society
and one technical talk on Algebraic Toplogy
in reverse gear at University Jammu, Jammu, Feb 2003.
- Inaugural key note address on Conference on Algebra,
Analysis and Topology at AMU, Aligarh, March 2003.
- Invited lecture on Cohomological
Dimension Theory in the conference on Recent
trends in Mathematics at University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Dec 2003.
- Two talks on "Cohomological
Dimension Theory" at IISc, Bangalore,
- Invited talk on "The Dynamics of
Contractibility", Department of Mathemaitcs,
University of Jammu, Jammu, Feb 2005
- Three lectures at AFS II on "Simplicial
Homology Theory" at HRI, Allahabad, Dec 2004
- Invited talk on "Michael's problem on strict
contractibility" IISc, Bangalore, 2005
- Two talks on "Simplicial
Homology" during the annual conference of RMS, University of
Calicut, Calicut , 2005
- Two talks on "Sheaf Theory and Complex
analysis", Department of Mathematics, BHU, Varanasi , Jan
- Popular talk on "Poincare Conjecture and
3-manifolds", Annual Conference of International Academy of
Physical Sciences, Meerut University Meerut. Jan 2006
- Two lectures on "Homology and Dimension" at
the University of Poona, Pune under DSA programme, 2006
- Story of "Poincare conjecture and Ricci
flow," Bharat Ganit Parishad, University of Lucknow,
Lucknow, Nov 2006
- Invited talk on "Group of homeomorphisms of the
long line", IMS conference at R.D.University
Jabalpur Dec 2006
- Six lectures on "Homology of Group Actions"
University of Arkansas, USA Spring 2007
- Invited talk on "Cohomological
Dimension and the Dranishnikov's Theorem"
RMS annual conference at IITK, Kanpur May 2008
- Two lectures on “Mapping class groups of the product
of long rays”, at the Ramanujan Institute of
Mathematics, Chennai, March 2008.
- Five lectures on Algebraic Topology, SPIM at HRI,
Allahabad, Summer 2008.
- On history and proof of the Poincare conjecture , Training Programme in Linear algebra and
Analysis, BHU, Varanasi, Oct, 2008.
- Eight Lectures on Differential Topology
, ATM programme in Mathematics of NBHM, Punjab University,
Chandigarh, Dec 2008.
- Mapping class groups and nonmetrizable
manifolds, Special lecture, University of Delhi, South Campus, Delhi,
- Cohomological dimension and compactifications
, International conference on mathematics, HRI, Allahabad, March 2009
- Dimension theory- from Lebesgue
to Dranishnikov, International Conference on
Recent Trends in Analysis and Applications, Jamia
Milia Islamia, New
Delhi, March 2009.
- Birth and Youth of Algebraic Topology, DRS lecture at
R.D.University, Jabalpur, April 2010.
- Homology and Manifolds, DRS lecture at AMU, Aligarh,
- Landmark Counterexamples in Cohomological
Dimension Theory, Presidential Lecture (Maths and Stats), Indian Science
Congress, Chennai, 2011.
- Algebraic Equations, Utsahi
Physics Teachers Workshop, IIT, Kanpur
- Open Problems in Mathematics, Conference on
Developments in Mathematics, Inaugural
Address at MNNIT, Allahabad, Oct 2012
- Birch’s Conjecture and its generalizations,
Conference on Developments in Mathematics, Keynote Address at MNNIT,
Allahabad, Oct 2012
- On Tverberg Theorem and its
Colored Version, Presidential Lecture
(Physical Sciences), NASI annual session at BHU, Nov 2012
- On Geometric Constructions and Historical Problems,
RDVV, Jabalpur, DRS lectures, Nov 2012.
Polynomial Equations, NASI Extension Lecture at ECC, Allahabad
Lectures: UGC Refresher Courses/ DST
one-and-half-hour lectures at the Refresher course in Mathematics at the BHU, Varanasi, on The Bair
Category Theorem, Dec 1990.
Four, one-and-half-hour lectures at the
Refresher Course in Mathematics at the Aligarh Muslim University on Basic
Algebraic Topology, Jan 1991.
Six, one-hour lectures at the Sambalpur University, Sambalpur
on Multivariate Calculus, Dec 1993.
one-hour lectures at the University of Allahabad on Calculus on Manifolds,
Six, one-hour lectures at the University of
Allahabad on Fubini Theorem, March
6. Five, one-hour lectures
at the University of Delhi on Basic Topology March 28
- April 02, 1994.
Four, one-hour lectures, at the University
of Allahabad on Transformation Groups, April 1995.
one-and-half-hour lectures, at the R.D.University,
Jabalpur on Linear Algebra and Rigid Motions,
lectures on "Search for multiplication on Euclidean spaces"
University of Allahabad, All'd, Feb 2008.
10. Six lectures on "Quaternions, Octonions and division algebras" University of
Poona, Pune, March 2008.
11. Inspire Lecture at SRTMU, Nanded, June 2012
12. Inspire Lecture at Institute of Homopathy at Etawa, UP., July
Back to main page