- Astrophysical Processes: 40 lecture (1.5 hours each lecture) module at HRI
graduate course, August - December 2008. Sole instructor.
Course structure: Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, Radiative Processes, Stellar Structure.
- Classical Mechanics: 40 lecture (1.5 hours each lecture module at HRI
graduate course, August - December 2006 & August - December 2008. Sole instructor.
Course Structure: The course has been
developed as Mechanics on Manifold, which analyzes
Lagrangian and Hamiltonian dynamics using the language of differential
- Introductory Cosmology: Taught in Astrophysics
Special Paper in Post Graduate (M.Sc. II Year) Dept. of Physics,
Pune University. 2001. I was a post doctoral fellow at IUCAA at that time. Sole insructor.
Course Structure: Elementary level cosmology with some basic general theory of
- Guest lecturer for the course Differential geometry & general
theory of relativity taught at SERC school held in November, 2005, at HRI. Took
(27) classes, each of which with duration one
fifteen minutes. See
http://www.mri.ernet.in/~sercthep for further detail about the school.
- Black hole accretion as dynamical systems, a
multi-lecture course in the Third SERC School on Non-linear Dynamics,
held in December 4th - 23rd, 2006, at the Indian Association for Cultivation
of Science, Calcutta, India. See http://www.iacs.res.in/serc06.html
for further detail about the school.
- Tutored the course General Relativity at Summer
School on Gravitation and Cosmology, held at HRI during May 12 - 24, 2008.
http://www.hri.res.in/~ssgc/ for further detail about the school.
- Taught a two lecture (with a duration of one and a half
hour for each lecture) course on Computational Astrophysics, in
`Academic Stuff College Meeting' at Burdwan University,
Burdwan, West Bengal, India, in Feb, 2006. This meeting is organized on yearly basis by the
UGC (University Grants Commission), India, to provide the further research exposure
to the permanent faculty members of the Indian Universities and the
colleges under such Universities.
- A set of three lecture course at Workshop on Fluid Dynamics,
held at Indian Association of Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Calcutta,
India, on Application of fluid dynamics in astrophysics, December,
2005. Sole instructor.
- Taught Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics and
Accretion Processes in Astrophysics
(both seven-lecture course) in
`Introductory Summer School on Astronomy and Astrophysics'
(May 20 - June 21, 2002 at IUCAA) and in
`Vacation Students Program' (VSP)
2002 (May 20 - July 5,
2002 at IUCAA). The participants of these programs were post-graduate
(M. Sc.) students of Physics and Mathematics from various Indian
Universities. Sole Instructor.
- Taught Compact objects and high energy astrophysics (5 lectures) in
`Introductory School on Astronomy and Astrophysics' at Latur,
conducted by IUCAA
in Oct. 2001. This school
was intended for the undergraduate and post-graduate students of physics, mathematics
and space science and undergraduate students of engineering.