Harish-Chandra Research Institute
The Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI) is a premier institution dedicated to research in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.
The areas of focus in Mathematics are Algebra, Analysis, Geometry, and Number Theory. In Physics the areas are Astrophysics, Condensed Matter, Particle Physics, Quantum Information, and String Theory. The institute runs a Ph.D programme in both Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, and has recently started an M.Sc. programme in Physics. The institute also has a visiting students' programme for bachelors and masters students; and actively runs various outreach programmes.
In the past two decades HRI has had significant impact in both research and education in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. Awards conferred on faculty members include one Dirac Medal, five Bhatnagar Awards and one Padma Bhushan. Around fifty alumni of the institute hold faculty positions in premier scientific institutions in the country.
Admission in Physics
HRI conducts an M.Sc and a Ph.D. programme in physics. The Ph.D. programme is open to students with an M.Sc. degree in physics, while the M.Sc. programme is open to students with a Bachelor's degree in science or engineering.
Selection process for Admissions 2021 is open now. For details of the selection process for admission to the Physics M.Sc. and Ph.D.programs, Click here >>
Admission in Mathematics
HRI conducts a regular Ph.D. program in mathematics, in collaboration with the Homi Bhaba National Institute (HBNI). The program is open to students with a M.Sc. degree in mathematics.
Selection process for Admissions 2021 is open now. For details of the selection process for admission to the Mathematics Ph.D.programs, Click here >>
- Math PDF Selections October 2021 at HRI. For the result: Click here
- List of candidates selected for the Ph.D. programme in Mathematics at HRI, for the year 2021: Click here
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Physics) 2021: List of selected and waitlisted candidates: Click here
- Open Recruitment: Full Details of Four Vacancies published in Newspapers (Emp. Notice No. 01/2021) Last Date of Submission - 22-10-2021: Click here
- Notice regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Click here
- Prof. A.K. Pati has been awarded the J. C. Bose Fellowship of the Department of Science and Technology for the year 2019.:
- Prof. Aditi Sen De has been awarded the S.S. Bhatnagar Prize in Physical Sciences for 2018 for her contribution to Quantum Information and Communication Theory: Click here
- No talks this week.
- No conference/workshop scheduled in this month.